Here are the rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Once upon a time, on October 14th, 2016, I was struck with the urge to form a blog. I struggled to find a name and I pondered over many till I came up with The Book Raven.
I have always been fascinated by stories and how people communicate with one another and I wanted to share that fascination with others. From the start, almost 2 months ago, I wanted to do my best to share my passions and hopes with others through this wonderful platform. I could not have ever imagined how wonderful things would become so quickly. Every day has been a new adventure and I already feel like I have grown so much from it. I can’t wait to see where this journey takes me!
My Advice as a Baby Blogger:
1. If your thinking of starting a blog and your unsure of what you want to write about, find what you love and go from there. Blogging feels like an evolution that happens with every single post that you write. It will change as you change and don’t be afraid to experiment!
2. Think about your message. What is something that you believe in? What is something that you want to say to others that you feel needs to be said? If you can find that, that why, you have something truly wonderful to share. Never be afraid to let your inner voice shine. Who you are and what you believe in are what make you you. Let yourself and your thoughts be the forefront of your blog and of your life.
I would love to nominate:
Lauren @ Lauren’s Page Turners
Tasheena Rose @ Dear Reader
Jay Alonzo @ A Lovelorn Virgo
I would love to hear about how these lovely bloggers got started!