So this is what happens when you procrastinate on something, things pile up into infinity and you end up having a post like this one. In a moment, you will get what I mean.
So here it is, The Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post(s)
A ginormous thank you to:
Three facts about me!
- I almost exclusively watch video game tubers on YouTube plus Buzzfeed
- I got two poems published in the 5th grade that my mom submitted without telling me
- I almost never drink something that isn’t milk, coffee, or water
Brilliantly Bookish Questions:
1. Have you read I’ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson? If yes, what did you think about it?
Sadly no, but I’ve heard great things about it!
2. Is there a book you wish had never been written?
Mein Kampf, Hitler should have never written a book. Imagine how much history might have changed if he didn’t?
3. What book would you recommend to me?
I would reccomend A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly. Simply because I think all book lovers could appreciate the book love in this book!
4. Do you have a reading goal for 2017?
Yep! My Goodreads goal is 60 books and I’ve read 19 so far, a bit slow but for some reason I’ve been pretty slow about books except for some great spurts this year.
5. Random: What is a random word you really like?
Flabbergasted. I don’t know why I love it but I do!
Lil Book Lovers Questions:
1. What is one reading habit that bugs you?
My habit of having long reading slumps then binging right after. It isn’t healthy.
2. If you could be best friends with one fictional character, would who it be?
I would be best friends with The red haired Night Circus twins Widget and Poppet. You can’t be best friends with one and not the other and I just think we would go on lots of amazing and wonderful adventures!
3. Who was the biggest author that you’ve met? Who was the biggest author that you gotten a signed book from?
I’ve never met a big author before, but the biggest author that I have a signed book from is Kiersten White the book author of And I Darken.
4. What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?
Doctor Who for sure! I miss watching that so much. I haven’t watched it sense Matt Smith had to leave because I didn’t want to imagine the story without him.
5. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you?
I was at IKEA eating some food and there were these really low hanging lights and stupid me, when I got up to go to the restroom my head went into the lamp and hit the light bulb. There was a guy sitting at the table next to us with his girlfriend and he started howling with laughter. It was embarrassing, but also hilarious.
Royal Reader Questions:
1. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
I do a lot of spontaneous things so I have no idea what I’ve done that’s most spontaneous, but one thing was that I decided to join a group of little kids singing frozen with a mariachi group at the zoo. This was about a year and half ago or so.
2. If you could suddenly be an expert in any field at all, what would it be and why?
Botany, if I could know everything there was to know about herbs and plants and their poisons and healing properties I might find the cure to heal hundreds of ailments.
3. Where is your favourite place to write your blog posts?
On the couch, that’s where I end up writing most of my posts somehow.
4. If you could spend the day with your biggest inspiration, who would it be and what would you do? (Can be anyone at all, famous or not, living or passed on).
I would spend my day with Sarah J. Maas one of my newest inspirations as I have so many. We would enjoy a brunch in the morning and talk about writing and books and that would take so long that we would spend the entire day just eating and talking.
5. Weird: If you were to run away and join the circus (non-animal using circus only), would you either be a trapeze artist, a fire-eater, a tight-rope walker or a unicyclist?
I would be a trampolinist if that’s even a word, but all Circus artists can do multiple things so I would learn a bit of everything from everyone.
Curiouser and Curiouser Questions:
1. Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog mostly because my sister told me to. I didn’t have any place to talk about books and blogging became that awesome place for me. It is one of the things I’m most proud of in this life.
2. What are you most proud of in your life?
Didn’t see this one coming. Above I say my blog is one of the things I am most proud of in my life and it is 100% true. I don’t think I’ve ever been more dedicated to anything then I have been to this blog.
3. What’s the last film you watched and did you enjoy it?
The Secret Life of Pets was the last movie I watched and I did really enjoy it. I need lighthearted things to keep me smiling especially when other parts of my life aren’t looking up.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
The power to heal or to talk to animals. Somehow I will find a way to convince you all that talking to animals is more useful, somehow.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I have no clue. My life has been turned so upsidedown so quickly that I can’t imagine where I’ll be even for the next day.
Bionic Bookworm Questions:
1. What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
The Giver, I love the book and I love the movie. It is a win win either way.
2. What are your 3 favourite book covers?
3. What is your favourite and least favourite genre?
My favorite genre is fantasy and by least favorite is text books. Text book writing is horrible and leaves so much out and no one likes to read them.
4. What is your most anticipated book release for 2017?
Right now: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I know I won’t be able to read it right away, but I can’t wait to have it in my hands!
5. Weird question: If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would go to Ireland to enjoy the landscape and the culture. It would be such a peaceful place to go. Peace is exactly what I need.
Blame it on Chocolate Questions:
1. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate? Be honest.
Milk chocolate 100%. I grew up going to pep boys and buying Hershey’s MilkChocolate. White chocolate sometimes makes my stomach ache and dark chocolate tastes too bitter for me.
2. The first fictional character you ever fell in love with?
I don’t remember. I’ve been falling in love with fictional characters since I was a little girl. It feels as though I’ve always fell for fictional characters with no true beginning or end.
3. If you could talk to someone who’s already passed away, who would it be and what would you talk about? (Not counting family members or friends)
Edgar Allen Poe, a teacher of mine assured me that this would probably be a bad choice, but I really want to be there as he writes poetry and speak with him only if it’s not too much to ask.
4. You discovered a new planet. What do you name it and why?
Dishcabib because it was one of the first random words to come to my mind.
5. Weird: A genie will grant you the thing you want most in the world, but you will lose the thing you are most proud of/most treasure about yourself in the process. Would you still accept the wish?
No I will not accept because I feel like I appreciate the things I worked hard for and not so much what is handed to me. Plus I really don’t feel like giving up my blog which is something I am immeasurably proud of.
Not So Phamous Questions:
1. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Quesadillas there are so many ways you can make them and they almost always taste delicious.
2. What were you doing three hours ago?
Designing The Raven Book Crate shipping box!
Look at it, It’s beautiful!
Least favorite word is grating, it physically hurts me. A favorite word is alabaster for some reason it sounds beautiful to me.
4. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is of loneliness or truly losing my family. My heart would break and I couldn’t handle it.
5. What is the biggest lie you ever told someone?
It wouldn’t be my biggest lie if I told you, would it?
Melting Pots and Other Calamities Questions:
1. Have you ever checked out a hyped book/movie/TV show/other type of fiction, and did you enjoy it?
I love hyped books! Seeing so many passionate people reading something makes me want to read it too!
2. What is your favorite fandom? I don’t mean the show or book itself, but the group of people involved.
The Supernatural fandom. The memes and quotes from this show are priceless. You can find a gif for anything from supernatural!!
3. Give two of your favorite quotes, one funny, and the other inspirational.
Most of the time if I am out of inspiration for a post I write poetry because it brings out a different sort of creativity in me. As for motivation my passion for this blog and my love for books makes it so that I have a need to post everyday or I feel unfulfilled.
5. (Funny question). Name something you loved as a kid. Do you still like it on occasion?
As a kid I loved the color pink. Everything I owned had to be pink and it was just a part of who I was. However, later on my favorite color went to black and then blue and now I love all covers with a special place in my heart for Tardis blue and a dash of pink.
The Uncharted Word Questions:
1. Do you have a favorite YA trope that you love (or maybe even tolerate) more than others?
Honestly I don’t mind cliches all that much. Cliches make for some enjoyable stories and I love it. I think this stems from my belief that no idea is ever truly wholly original it’s how you put it together with your own twist that matters.
2. How often do you buy books?
As often as I can which usually means once or twice a month, but if it were possible I would never leave the book store.
3. Do you take off the book jackets while you’re reading or do you leave them on?
I take them off. They are always beautiful, but also fragile so I like to preserve them as much as I can.
4. Besides WordPress, where do you go to find recommendations for new books?
Goodreads, twitter, even Instagram I get book recommendations from everywhere out there I can.
5. Random Question: If it were possible, which movie (or TV show) would you transport yourself into to be part of the cast?
Let’s get real, it’s either supernatural or doctor who and there’s no way for me to choose.
The Hermit Librarian Questions:
1. What’s the one Disney song you can never get out of your head?
Let it Go…
2. If you could only gift one book to everyone this coming holiday season, what would it be?
A Northern Light, I’m making it a point to try and read it every Christmas and I’d love to give that book to all my loved ones.
3. If you had to choose: Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter I don’t even have a Facebook.
4. What book have you read recently that surprised you by how much you liked/disliked it?
I haven’t really been that surprised about my feelings towards a book recently. I have been on a reading slump recently due to life.
5. If you had to choose: would you rather be able to design your favorite books covers OR cast their film adaptation?
Design my favorite book covers! Casting is such a big thing and I don’t feel like I would do that well, but covers are a whole lot of fun to design and create!
Didi Oviatt Questions:
1. What is your #1 favorite genre to read?
2. Have you ever stalker watched a Netflix series like a crazed maniac? If so Which one?
Uhhh yes!!!! I watched the first 5 or so seasons of Bones on a major binge that spread over 2 months of obsession.
3. Do you have a favorite dish to cook, or a go to?
I don’t like to cook that much which is weird because I work making food.
4. Do you ever have dreams that you can either fly or breath under water?
I definitely have had a flying dream and it was amazing! I was a superhero and there was a villain that kept zapping me out of the air and it was exhilarating yet terrifying.
5. Which social media platform do you spend the most time on? (blog doesn’t count)
Twitter and I don’t really spend much time on that. (My blog takes the cake 100%)
Fire and Rain Books Questions:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In a nice house in a nice neighborhood near nature but also close to city life.
2. Do you have any guilty pleasures? If so, what?
Any and all sweets. Every time I have one my sister looks at me and tells me I shouldn’t eat a lot of sugar, but I can’t help myself!
3. Do you have a hidden talent that you’re proud of? If so, what?
I have this knack for attracting things. I don’t know why but when I need something to happen or something to come into my life it usually does.
4. If you were a kitchen utensil, what kitchen utensil would you be and why?
I would be a fork multifunctional and practical but also a little wacky and strange.
5. What is the last book you’ve cried during?
The Dead Inside I’m still reading it because it’s so hard hitting that I am constantly need to give myself time to breathe as I read it.
If you would like to answer my questions consider yourself nominated. Just your presence here tells me your amazing!
1. If you could get away with any crime what would it be?
2. What is one of the weirdest dreams you’ve ever had?
3. Try a piece of black out poetry with whatever you have available to you. Share a picture of it here:
4. What is a musical instrument you’ve always wanted to learn?
5. Do you believe in the butterfly effect?
Thank you so much for reading! If you stuck out this post I am astounded and incredibly happy. This post took me days to put together! I hope you enjoyed reading!
-Till next time!